เป็น, อยู่, คือ (to be)

SAWATDI KHRAP! Today we will learn about how to say TO BE in Thai. It seems complicated at first but in fact it is very easy. ^^

เป็น /pen/



เป็น /pen/ (sounds like /bpen/ in English) = to be

E.g.
ฉันเป็นนักเรียน /Chan pen nakrian/
= I am a student.
ฉันเป็นคนไทย /Chan pen khon thai/
= I am Thai people (I'm Thai.)

อยู่ /yu/

อยู่ /yu/ = to be

E.g.
ฉันอยู่บ้าน /Chan yu ban/
= I am home

คือ /khue/


คือ /khue/ = to be

E.g.
นี่คือหนังสือ /Ni khue nangsue/
= This is a book.
นี่คือนักเรียนที่ชื่อชัยชนะ /Ni khue nakrian thi chue Chaichana/
= This is a student whose name is Chaichana.

There is a difference between เป็น and คือ
เป็น has a meaning like "becoming" or "be as", while คือ is just "to be".

ฉันเป็นไข้ /Chan pen khai/ 
= I have a fever.
ฉันคือไข้ /Chan khue khai/
= I am a fever.

If you can't read Thai consonants, CLICK!
If you don't know about Thai personal pronouns, CLICK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SARA | Thai Vowels

How to say 'I LOVE YOU' / Thai Love Phrases

Thai Alphabet : The Secret of MAI HAN A-KAT.