Personal Pronouns

         Hello everybody! Today we're going to learn about 'Thai Personal Pronous'. In Thai, there are many levels of Personal Pronouns, each level depends on the relationship between the speaker and the listener.

POLITE PERSONAL PRONOUNS
ฉัน /chǎn/ = I 
ผม /phǒm/ = I (only used by men)
คุณ /khun/ = You
เขา /khǎo/ = He
เธอ /thoe/ = You, She (to refer to women)
มัน /man/ = It
พวกเรา /phûak rao/ = We
พวกเขา /phûak khǎo/ = They (to refer to men)
พวกเธอ /phûak thoe/ = They (to refer to women)

INFORMAL PERSONAL PRONOUNS
เรา /rao/ = I
นาย /nai/ = You (to refer to men)
ตัวเอง /tua-eng/ = You
มัน /man/ = It, He, She

VERY FORMAL PERSONAL PRONOUNS
ข้าพเจ้า /khâpháchâo/ = I
ข้าพระพุทธเจ้า /khâ phrá phútthá châo/ = I
กระผม /kràphǒm/ = I (only used by men)
ดิฉัน /dìchǎn/ = I (only used by women)
ท่าน /thân/ = You
พวกท่าน /phûak thân/ = They

CLICK HERE!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SARA | Thai Vowels

How to say 'I LOVE YOU' / Thai Love Phrases

Thai Alphabet : The Secret of MAI HAN A-KAT.